8 tips to grow your audience on WhatsApp
- Share your WhatsApp number on your web shop customer contact page.
- Ask consumers to opt-in for order-notifications by sharing an opt-in link in your order confirmation email. (You can only send them notifications once they have opted in to receive them.)
- Offer WhatsApp-exclusive content.
- Attach QR codes to opt-in for notifications in your brick and mortar store.
- Print QR codes to your WhatsApp channel on your receipts.
- Offer discount for next purchase by opting in for notifications.
- Show the WhatsApp logo on your website, directing customers in need of help to this channel first.
- Most importantly: truly help your customers with personalized and timely answers to any question with which they may turn to your customer care team via WhatsApp.
Opt-in for the WhatsApp Business solution
If you want to use the WhatsApp Business Solution to not only respond to incoming messages but also to actively send out notifications, you need an opt-in. Before you may send messages to your customer, he must first consent to receiving WhatsApp messages with an active opt-in. This opt-in must be done via a third-party channel. This can be any channel you already use to communicate with your customer, for example your company website, app, email, SMS, store, etc.
When you’re hoping for many opt-ins, it is important to clearly state what type of messages and with which frequency your subscribers will be receiving messages from you. Also, if you want to lower the threshold to share a personal phone number (and not unimportant, abide by the legislation) offering an easy opt-out option is essential.
And of course, none of this is possible without integrating with the WhatsApp Business solution. If you’re looking to get started with the WhatsApp Business API, you need a solution provider to connect you to the WhatsApp Business Solution.
In our series of sector-related tips for the WhatsApp Business API, we’re diving into the possibilities of WhatsApp for different industries. Learn more how to use the WhatsApp Business Solution in: