Mobile Christmas Shopping Stats
Mobile marketing is the way to get your products underneath the Christmas tree.
Not so sure about that?
Have a look at these mobile Christmas shopping stats and then make up your mind:
- The increase in mobile sales can no longer be ignored. The tipping point from e-commerce to mobile e-commerce (m-commerce) is thought to come this year. eMarketer predicts that m-commerce sales will grow to 50,8% of the total e-commerce sales in 2020 and even to 63% in 2024
- In 2019, more than half of the U.S. consumers buy their holiday gifts on their phone and spend $14 billion more on their phones compared to 2018.
- 50% of consumers choose to shop on their phones, even when a desktop is available to them.
- Online shopping is related to clear information and the ease of ordering. So ensure your mobile experience is outstanding to deliver the best customer experience during the holiday season.
1. SMS Marketing This Christmas
The fastest and most reliable way to reach consumers? On their mobile phones with SMS marketing!
By choosing SMS for your Christmas marketing campaigns, you’re choosing a staggering open rate of 98%. This ensures that your message is read by practically all receivers. 90% of these text messages are read within three minutes. That means that, if you time your messages well, your customers will receive your message loud and clear!
2. SMS Coupons for the Best Christmas Gifts
SMS coupons are a great way to offer exclusive Christmas discounts for holiday shopping.
Not only are most SMS messages read within just a few minutes, consumers also tend to save text messages on their phones. That means that if you send a coupon via SMS, your customers will have your coupon ready at all times. Including the time they’re actually shopping.
This is in contradiction to printed coupons, which are often forgotten or end up in the trash bin.
Remind your customers of their SMS coupon in your webshop and/or physical store. That way, you’ll see Christmas sales increase in no time.
With CM.com’s Mobile Marketing Cloud you can easily create a mobile friendly landing page to refer to from your SMS. That way, you aren’t limited by SMS’ 160 characters only and your coupon can be scanned immediately.
3. Grow Your Contact List During the Holidays
An additional benefit of drawing attention to your SMS coupons is that consumers whose number you do not have yet, might be tempted to opt-in for your SMS list. Because if that means they can enjoy a special discount, why wouldn’t you?
This way, you’ll gain new contacts you can target with your mobile marketing campaigns in the future. That’s an easy way to grow your reach through SMS marketing this Christmas, isn’t it?
Don’t be discouraged by the GDPR. Sending GDPR compliant mobile marketing campaigns isn’t as complex as it may seem.
4. Invest in Customer Engagement All Year
Consumers spend more time shopping in December than in any other month of the year. This might result in more attention for your marketing activities.
However, the times before and after the holiday season are just as important. Every time of the year offers great opportunities for customer engagement. After all, the customer experience doesn’t end after checkout. Your after sales also demands your attention.
- Thank your customers for their purchase with a Christmas greeting;
- Send them an offer for related products;
- Offer a helping hand in case customers have any questions.
This way, you’ll create an impression that lasts a lot longer than just during the holiday season. These marketing efforts keep you top of mind for the next time they go on a shopping spree.
To create truly engaging campaigns for long-lasting loyalty, you need to know your customers thoroughly. Our Customer Data Platform (CDP) will help you gain and structure all the right insights for smart and automated marketing flows.
5. Opt for an Omnichannel Mobile Marketing Strategy
Mobile marketing is so much more than SMS. If customers have a question or a complaint, ensure they can easily reach you in the way they prefer.
More and more consumers use their mobile phone as their main point of contact. That includes communication with companies, which means that consumers expect to be able to reach you through the many available messaging channels. WhatsApp Business, Apple Messages for Business, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, Telegram, Viber, and so on.
If you want to get customer care right, you need to be available on all these channels.
And you must be available instantly.
To help you realize this, a smart omnichannel strategy with just the right channels is key.
CM.com's Mobile Marketing Cloud
The Mobile Marketing Cloud is the only mobile first omnichannel customer engagement solution that comprises official business accounts for all mobile messaging channels. Additionally, CM.com is a business solution provider of WhatsApp Business Chat and Apple Messages for Business and sends text messages via their own network of telecom operators.
With the Mobile Marketing Cloud you create unique customer journeys for every scenario, throughout the year. Reach your customers automatically on their favorite mobile channel with a personalized message and let our omnichannel automation tool do the work for you.