Snapchat’s version 9.9.0 lets users opt-in for User Verification and login to Snapchat on new devices using a One Time Passwords via sms to verify. The new feature can be activated on iOS and Android.
Addresses and names were breached
The extra security is the newest effort to increase platform security. In December 2013. 4.6 million email addresses and names were breached. 2FA makes en-masse hijacking more difficult and provides protection to Snapchat’s Snapcash money transfer system.
2FA is the standard for extra security
Popular chat apps and other social media networks en-masse push more security on their platforms by enabling two-factor authentication. SMS passwords have become the standard in social media secure user verification.
Enabling Login Verification
To enable Login Verification please follow these steps:
- Tap the ghost icon at the top of your camera screen
- Tap the Settings gear in the top right hand corner of your Profile screen
- Tap 'Login Verification' under the 'My Account' section
- Tap the 'Continue' button
- Enter the verification code sent to your mobile phone and tap 'Continue'
- Once you have completed the login verification process, your device will remain a verified device until you elect to forget it.
Companies are always looking for the best way to reach their consumers and the rise of mobile technology offers them new opportunities to achieve this goal.
In addition to various messaging services, the platform also provides solutions for calling through SIP trunking, SMS Analytics for companies, phone number validation and online identification solutions such as two-factor authentication (2FA).
We offer a hybrid solution for companies to reach their target audience, anytime and anywhere.