If you want to make a template for example if you sent a montly mail and only want to edit the Text content, you can choose to create a template.
- The Templates Overview can be found via the menu on the left. On this page you have an overview of all your templates.
- If you press on the 3 dots of a template you have the possible interaction options you have for each template:
- Edit Template
- Delete Template
- Duplicate template
- Preview template
- Download HTML
Add a new template
Click on the + button to add a New template. The following menu opens.
- Template settings: Here you can setup your template settings such as the Name and description you are asked to enter a description for this template.
- Design: Here you design your template(drag & drop content, define a structure, add buttons, html, etc.). Your creativity is the limit! Below there will be more about the various design options!
- Text version: sometimes images are not displayed in mailbox. Instead you’ll have lines of text as a back-up. This is where you can upload this back-up text. And Add a link to visualize your email in a browser.
- Advanced: here you can select to track and how to track your email Campaign, to get certain statistics.
- Name: In this field you name your template.
- In this field you can give a description to the template. This is to explain the purpose of the specific template i.e. “this is a sales follow-up email”. This description will help people understand what this template is made for when editing.
- In this field you can give a preview text to your email, it is used to give a short snippet about the content or your email.
- If you click on the three dots the menu opens with the following options:
- Send testmail: you can either send a test email to selected recipients
- Preview: You can preview the template (to see what it looks like in a mailbox or a browser).
- Back: go back to the previous page (template overview)
9. Save Draft: save your template.
When you have your campaign settings right and did not select a template or you want to edit the template. You can go through the Menu to Design.
- This is the design menu, in here you can select the different features to optimize your email campaign. You have almost al the freedom to design it as you want to.
- In the Content tab you can select the different features your email campaign should contain. Below is more explanation about the content all the content features are optional and not required. In the rows tab you can select the different lay-outs of the design. In the Settings tab you can select some general settings for the complete mail, such as background colour. In the steps below the different content features are explained.
- Textbox: with this content feature you can write as much as you want in your email campaign. Here you can also personalize the message with for example the firstname. In our example of sending a birthday message, we wish the recipient a happy birthday.
- Image: Here you can insert an image in your email campaign. In this example we use a CM.com logo, but you can upload every picture you want here. When uploaded it is also possible to enlarge the picture or a link to a website if you click on the image.
- Button: The button can be used for certain actions such as: open web page, send email, make call and send sms. In the example it is used to go to the website with a birthday present for the recipient. With a button you can also measure the click through rate, as you want to know if your campaign is successfully or not.
- Divider: With the divider you create some space between the different content features. In this example it is a line, but you can also create a blank space or a dotted line.
- Social: With the social you can link your audience to your social media channels. In this example we use the four biggest social media platforms. You can also link other or custom channels.
- HTML: It is also possible to insert a HTML content part. Please be aware only use this if you experienced with HTML programming. In this example this feature is not used.
- Video: In the mail it is also possible to send a video within it. You can easy insert a YouTube or Vimeo link. In the example we send a video message with happy birthday.
- Before you close the page always save your campaign with the save button. Please ensure that you give your campaign at least a name at the Campaign settings so you can recognize it.