When opening the App, you enter the ‘Profile insights’ page. On this page, you get an overview of your profiles and the primary data that you have from these profiles.
- On the left side, in the sidebar, you can see where you are in the Customer Data Platform. When you are in the Insights page, you can choose between Profile insights which shows the details of you profiles. You can also choose for Event insights, which shows the different Events. The ‘Insights’ page easily provides you with a few insights into your data. For example, you see a number under ‘Profile insights’.
- This number represents your number of profiles in CM Data. The most important primary data are shown below
- In the example you see "Has Marketing Consent" and "Country". By clicking on one of the headers, the list will be sorted based on that value. For example, by clicking on ‘Created on’, the last added profile is displayed at the top. If the fields are characters/letters it will sort alphabetically.
- At the bottom of the page you can navigate through the pages.
By clicking on one of the lines on the ‘Profile insights’ page, you go to the profile of this specific person.
On the left side of the middle, you can find ‘Details’ that belong to a profile. This contains, for example, the name, gender and primary e-mail address. A timeline can be seen on the right. This timeline shows all the events that a profile is going through. Which events, or ‘Events’ depends on the sources that are linked to your Customer Data Platform. In the example you can see that the profile has Asked a question and did a donation. By clicking on an event, the event expands with more information.
At the top right of the profile, you see a button with three dots. If you press this, you will see four important functionalities:
- Export data: With this button you can make an export of the profile and the related ‘Events’.
- Consents: This button indicates whether the customer has given permission to receive marketing communications. By clicking on the button, you can change the privacy settings of the profile.
- Update details: if you want to change some profile details of this profile, you can press this. You get in a menu with all the Profile details which you can adjust.
- Delete: Pay attention! With this button you delete a profile. Never just delete a profile, since this profile cannot be restored. If you want to delete a profile, for example at the request of a customer, click ‘Delete’ again. The profile has now been deleted from the Customer Data Platform.
If you do not want to look at customer profiles but at one specific event, you can do this with ‘Event insights’. With ‘Event insights’ you can select an ‘Event’ in the selection bar under ‘Event type’. By doing this, the insights change with the data associated with that event. In the top right you can export this information as a CSV.
Questions? Reach out to your dedicated Data Consultant for help!