You can go to ‘insights’ to start building segments. A segment is a group of profiles with similar characteristics. You can determine these characteristics yourself with the filter button under the ‘Insights’ tab. You can choose between Profile insights or Event Insights. It is also possible to filter on multiple profile and event insights.
Click the filter button to build a new block.
- Here you can select the profile attribute or event you want to segment with. Step 2 and 3 are filters for profile attributes. Step 4 till 8 are for Events filtering. You can also choose to just filter on just one Profile detail or Event.
- In the second field you have to select your filter clause for profile insights you can choose between: Equals, Does not equal, Contains, Starts with, Ends with, is Empty, is Not Empty.
- Here you can select your filter value, so in this example the (1) profile property is Country the (2) filter clause is Equals (3) the filter value is NL. So it now filters all profiles that have country NL. The filter is capital sensitive so it will not find profiles that have country nl.
- You can also choose to filter on a Event, than you select in this field the Event on which you want to filter on.
- Here you select the filter for how many times the segment should have attended the Event. You can filter here on at least and at most.
- Here you can select the time range for when the event was happened, you can select here: anytime, on, between, last n days, on exactly given days ago, in the past given years, more than given years ago and in between selected past years.
- Here you can give the amount for the at least of at most times.
- (Optional) Here you can select some extra filter properties of the profile.
- (Optional) Here you can choose to add an extra filter clause, than it works the same starting from step 1.
- Click the check box on the right to make the segment. The segment will be shown directly. If you do not want to make the segment, then click on the cross.
- Under ‘Profile insights’ you can now see the number of profiles in your segment.
- (Optional) If you want to expand the profiles in the segment, for instance that you want customers from NL and BE you can expand your segment. You click on the OR button, which is only visible when you pressed on the check box of step 10. You can add as many segments as you want.
- Are you satisfied with the segment? Save the segment with the Save button. Then you come in the Save screen where you have to name the segment and save it.
- Do you want to extract the profiles from the Customer Data Platform? With the Export function you can completely export the segment as .CSV. When you open the .CSV in Excel you see the same list as in CM Data.
The Customer Data Platform also provides the option to develop a segment with multiple target groups. This is ideal if you want to send the same message to multiple target groups. For example: We know that profiles under 30 respond well to our promotion. We also know that profiles that have purchased a ticket for the event in 2018 show a higher level of interest. We would like to approach these two groups with one campaign. Expand the selection by adding an extra block in order to put all these profiles in one segment.
By clicking on the filter button you can add an extra group.
- With the first field you select the characteristic. This time the attribute is not profile data but information that comes from an Event. An Event is an event in one of the linked sources. In the example, the Event is a "Bought a ticket" (profile has bought a ticket).
- At this Event you can choose between "At least" or "At most".
- Enter the quantity in the third field. For example, if you only want to select customers who have purchased a ticket at least twice, make it "2". Do you want to select customers who have not purchased a ticket? Then select "At Most" | "0"
- You can add a date. This date is now on "Anytime". If you only want to select the profiles for which the ticket was sold on a specific date, you can enter a date.
- In the fifth field you can indicate whether you want to take certain characteristics of the Event into account. In our example, we only want to include ticket buyers from the "The Festival 2018" event.
- Click ‘regardless of the properties’. The window as shown above will appear.
- Click on the filter button
- In the first field, select ‘Name festival’: this means that you include the characteristic "name of the festival" in the selection.
- Determine, in the same way as with the segment structure, whether you want to use "Equals" or something else.
- Type the name in the last field, the app will automatically complete the field.
- Click on the check mark and close the pop-up window
6. Click on the check mark and the new segment is calculated. Now have now created a segment with profiles:
- Who's age is under 30 AND have an email address OR
- Who's purchased a ticket for The Festival 2018
7. Save your segment by clicking on the ‘save’ icon. Enter a name for your segment. You can optionally add a description. Click ‘Save Segment’ to complete the save.
After you have created the first segment, you can find it under the ‘Segments’ tab. ‘Segments’ is an overview of all segments that you have created and saved. You can also create a new segment with the "Add" button. Behind the saved segment is indicated how many profiles are in the segment. At the far right of the segment are three dots. If you click these dots you will get two options:
- Sync: The first button causes the segment to appear in Address book. With Address Book you can kick off different campaigns. You can find more information on the Address Book Help Center.
- Delete: The second button makes sure that the saved segment is deleted. If you click on this, the segment will be taken directly from your overview. So be careful if you are not sure whether you will need a segment in the future.
If you have any questions. Please contact your Onboarding Manager or send an e-mail to [email protected]