All data and insights come together in the dashboard. You can easily create any chart with the data you want to see.
Create a new chart
To add a new chart to your dashboard, click the Add button at the top right. By clicking the Add button, a screen as shown below will pop up.
Let's explain every step in the process shortly.
- Start with the title for your graph.
- Decide what you want to see with the graph. Do you want to get insights about your customer details? Then select the profile data. If you want to get insights about the events over time for instance the timeline of your ticket sales? Then select the Events over time. Do you want to get insights about your Event properties? For instance, you want to know what the favorite stage was of your event? Then select Event and their properties. The example image shows the steps for the Events over Time data.
- Indicate whether you want to display a graph or a table.
- (Optional) If you want to look into how events change overtime, this field shows up, in this field you have to select the quantity of the time interval.
- (Optional) To follow up previous step, in this field you select the kind of quantity. You can choose between hours, days, years etc. In the example you see that the graph shows the statistics of the last 30 days.
- Here you can indicate whether you want to work with Series. A series is actually one segment in a segment. In some cases, it is valuable to compare different segments. For example: how is the ticket sale of young people running as compared to the elderly? If you want to make a new series you have to click on the Add series button.
- Give a title for the Series.
- (Optional) Choose the segment for which you want to create a graph. You do not have to choose a segment if you want to look at the total number of profiles.
- Choose a visualization: pie chart, line chart or bar chart.
- (Optional) Here you indicate which event type you want to watch. In this case we look at the event type Demo upload.
- Here you can filter in your segment for your series, so for instance if you want to know the differences between youngsters and elderly you can here filter on the age.
- Indicates what you want to do with the Event type, count, cumulative count, sum or the average.
- Here you can type the text for the Y-axis, so what unit are you showing in the graph? In this example you show how many registrations there are in the series that is select, so you fill in registrations.
If you want to adjust a graph, you can easily do that in the Customer Data Platform, as can be seen in the picture below or go to the guide.
- Click on the three dots at the bottom right of the graph that you want to adjust.
- The edit screen appears. This corresponds to the Create Chart screen.
- Because the screen shown above belongs to a chart in which Profiles are shown, a number of fields are defined slightly differently than if you have selected "I want to look at events over time" at “Type of data”. The principles remain the same.
If you need help with editing or creating graphs, please contact your onboarding manager from CM.