Add your online marketing tags to the dashboard. There are a number of different keys and tags that you can add to keep track of the data you want. Below you will find a guide to track shop visitors’ actions in with a Facebook Pixel.
The interactions in the shop can be measured via a Facebook pixel. The step in which the product selection is made and the personal data are entered, are passed on in Facebook as 'Pageview'. The confirmation page after a successful payment is passed on in Facebook as 'Purchase'. Facebook pixel can be used to make your target group more transparent, after which you can set up an ad campaign specified on the conversion that you have measured with the Facebook pixel. You can also measure the results of the conversion by seeing if the number of visits and payments have increased after an ad campaign.
- Copy the Facebook Pixel Key from your Facebook account
- Open the tab Event settings
- Click the E-commerce tab
- Past your Facebook Pixel Key into the outlined field. The Facebook Pixel Key is automatically added to all 3 steps of the purchase process.
- Press Save
- Open your Facebook account
- The next steps are visible in your Facebook account:
- [shoplink]/step1 → Product selection page (will be send to Facebook as “Pageview”)
- [shoplink]/step2 → Personal data page (will be send to Facebook as “Pageview”)
- [shoplink]/success → confirmation page after purchase (will be send to Facebook as “Purchase” including the Order value)