In Sign there is a difference between the terms dossier and document. In short, a document is the pdf file which you want to have signed. It is stored in a dossier together with other relevant information.
A dossier contains the following information:
- Document: the pdf file to be signed
- Fields: locations of the paragraph, signature and date etc.
- Invitees: persons who need to sign the document
- Status: whether the document has been signed or declined
- Audit report: identification of the invitees
- Dossier owner: the user in your organisation who receives updates regarding the dossier