How to upload your CSV-file with the file uploader
Go to the integrations page via the menu and press on the New integration button or click on an existing integration to add likewise files and you want to set in the same Event.
You get in the screen to upload your file.
- Here you can give your integration a name.
- (Optional) If you want to upload your file to an existing Event type, you select here the Event type to which your file should apply. For instance if you want to upload some manual Event data of a system that is not coupled, but the data belongs to an existing event in the Customer Data Platform, then you select that event.
- Click on the paperclip to upload your File. Make sure that it is a CSV-file. If you have an Excel sheet, please save-as .CSV and it will generate automatically a CSV-file of your Excel. If the upload is successfully the screen below it will pop-up.
- Here you can see how many incorrect/empty fields there are in your upload-file. The incorrect or empty fields will be shown as a red square in the field. If a field is not correct the complete line will not be uploaded.
- In this row you see the column headers of your file. You have to press on the gear to map your column to an existing column field in the Customer Data Platform. If the details in the file are personal details, you have to direct them to a existing field otherwise it will be shown as event data. Make sure that you have mapped your Unique key for instance Email, correctly and all the fields to the right profile details.
- (Optional) If you did not select an event at step 2 you have to name your event here.
- When all columns are mapped to data fields you can press on the Continue button. You will get directed to your overview of data files of the integration. Here you can upload likewise datasets, make sure it has the same column headings and the same datatype.
Questions? Reach out to your dedicated Data Consultant for help!