If you host an event sometimes you want to give some information at the moment the ticket got scanned. For example you want to wish them to enjoy the event and show them the floorplan and timetable. You can do this automatically with the Customer Data Platform Workflows, Campaigns and Pages.
First we have to design a landing page for the text message. You can
design this very easy in the Pages app of CM. For the extensive guide
how to design a Page click here.
- You can access the Pages app via the 9 dots in the CM platform.
- When arriving in the Pages app you browse through your existing Pages and search for one that you need.
- With this button, you can make a new page.
- If you click on a existing page, you open the preview mode of the Page. Here you can easy browse through your existing Page. In the menu in the upper right corner it is possible to: Go to the Edit mode of the Page, View the Page in a new (internet) tab, if the Page is live you can view the statistics, you can duplicate the Page or you can delete it. If you click on the right pencil you go directly to the edit mode.
- In the Live tab, you can see your Page which are currently live and customers can access to.
- In the Expired tab you can find your old Pages, which are not live anymore and customers cannot access to anymore.
When you make a new or edit a page you have multiple options to design your Page. In this article a basic overview of the possibilities is given.
- In this field you name your page. Give it a name to recognize your Page.
- In this field you can give the Page a title.
- With the Upgrade to Premium button, you can upgrade your Page to premium. This unlocks additional features and benefits. If your not have a premium account the elements that are not available will be locked. With premium you upgrade the following elements: Checkbox that can be used in a Form, a Dropdown menu, which can be used in a Form, Payments integration if you directly want to sell something from your page or a donation, Social media to link to your Social accounts and Text which is a field that retrieves free to type input information. A premium account also deletes the Hosted by CM.com banner below the page.
- In this field you can name your section, the different sections can be found in the left upper menu. In this example it is currently in the Start section, but the complete page also contains a Page with the Floorplan and Timetable.
- Page also has the possibility to give a colour to the complete page, you can select it here.
- It is possible to add a video in your page, you can easy to this with the Video element. If you click on the video element, the settings menu on the right opens. In here you can paste the Video URL. At this moment videos from Youtube and Vimeo are supported.
- The most easy element is the Text element. In here you have the freedom to type text, you can colour the text in the colour you want, adjust the size of it add links to your website and everything you need to make it as beautiful as you want.
- The element Space is used to create some space between other elements. Other than the individual metrics settings of every element. In this there is chosen to have a solid line, only it can also be some space or a dotted line.
- To customize your page, you can add your company logo with the Image element. It is also possible to add other images to your page. You can upload an image from your local desktop. It is also possible to have a link to an other section or URL behind an image.
- If you want to have a carousel of sliding images you can use the Carousel elements. You can add multiple images that automatically change to the next one. It is possible to have different actions per image when you click on it. It is also possible to adjust the slide.
- The Button element can be used to navigate through the sections. You can easy set actions behind a button like go to section “time table”. There is also the possibility to sent it to a website.
- The last standard feature is the Barcode element. This generates automatically a scanable code in Code-128 or QR code. You can set the scanable code to recognize the people that scan it, or to send it to a website.
- If your Page is complete to send to your customers when they enter your event. You can sent a trial to yourself. By clicking on the play button, it opens a screen in which you can fill in your mobile number to which it should be sent. Do this and open it on your phone to check. You also need to copy the short page link in the message for later in the Workflow.
With completing your Page for sending to your customers you can now Start with the automation Workflow. You can do this in the Customer Data Platform which is accessible via the 9 dots.
- When you are in the Customer Data Platform, you have to go to the Workflows page in the left menu.
- Here you can see your already designed workflows, if you want to see or adjust the workflow just click on it and you will get in the editor.
- Here you can see how many times the workflow editor is activated.
- Here you can see if the workflow is still active, when pressing on the play button you can pause the workflow or reactivate it.
- Here you can choose to edit the Workflow with the Add in editor function or the click and select function.
- Here you can add a new workflow, you can choose for the click and select option or the Drag and Drop option. In this example we choose to design the workflow for a birthday in the Drag and Drop (add in editor) screen.
- To sent a message automatically after a ticket is scanned, it is possible to use the Event added Trigger. This trigger activates the Workflow if a certain Event is added in this case the event of the Ticket scan.
- When you click on the Event added trigger box the settings menu opens on the right. In here you can select the Event type.
- It is possible to specify the Event property and filter on this.
- The trigger gets followed by a step, in this case the Message step to sent a message to the customer. If you click on the Message step box the menu in the right opens
- In this field you have to select the property of the mobile phone number.
- Here you can fill in the Sender name, mostly you will use the name of your event. As in this example we use the name CM Events.
- In this dropdown menu you can select the Channel that should sent the message. You can choose the channels that you have connected to the CM platform.
- In this field you can type the message that you want to sent to the customers, after the ticket is scanned. To include the Page that you have made in the beginning, you have to manually paste the short Page link that you have sent to yourself as trial.
- When you setup the trigger and Message step right, you have to connect them. You do this with dragging a dotted line from the lower blue dot of the trigger to the upper blue dot of the step.
To finalize the workflow you have to save it on the Save button. To activate your workflow you have to press on the Workflow Enabled button. You can find this button to deselect the triggers or steps and it will be in the right settings menu below the Save button.
Questions? Reach out to your dedicated Data Consultant for help!