As you may (or may not) know, WhatsApp Business API allows you to communicate directly with your customers, either through session messages initiated by your customers or templated messages initiated by you after they have opted in.
Now, businesses can use the WhatsApp Business API to share additional information. This means that you’ll be able to employ these new perks:
- Send products recommendations to your customers, related to their previous purchases
- Send helpful informational alerts
- Send relevant offers to your customers
- Send reminders to book appointments to your customers
Sounds great, right? So what do you need to do to get started?
If you’re already using WhatsApp Business API then you're pretty much all set. Just use the CM.com platform to request your new templated messages. Keep in mind that the following three regulations still apply to ensure high-quality customer experience:
- Expected: Your customers have already opted in to receive information from you over WhatsApp so they will expect you to message them
- Relevant: The messages are personalized to the specific customer (for example, based on recent purchases or recent engagement with your business, personalized content in the message itself), concise, contain necessary information, and clearly outline any next steps for your customer
- Timely: Your customers receive these messages when they are relevant
Opt-ins (in advance) are still required before sending these notifications and of course you also need to adhere to the WhatsApp Business API Commerce and Business Policies. The Business Policy outlines the following requirements:
- Businesses must clearly state that a person is opting in to receive messages from the business over WhatsApp
- Businesses must clearly state the business’ name that a person is opting in to receive messages from
- Businesses must comply with applicable law
And remember: your customers will always be in control on WhatsApp. Make sure that the opt-in clearly states what messages you will be sending to your customer (order updates, back-in-stock alerts, product recommendations, etc) and what value these messages have to them.
Opt-in and opt-out flows should be clear and intuitive for your customers and we should avoid messaging customers too frequently.
Now let’s get into the benefits of these new types of messages. What can they do for your business?
- Proactive outreach for top-ups before minutes, message or Internet bundles run out
- Reminders about plan renewals before expiration
- Product recommendations based on recent activity or purchases
- Signing up for a line of credit or installment plan
- Pre-approval for a new kind of loan or credit card
- Credit card discounts
- New partnerships offers
- Product back-in-stock reminders
- Product recommendations based on recent purchases
- Cart abandonment reminders for products not yet purchased
- Relevant offers and deals
- Relevant new products introductions
Interested in these new WhatsApp Business API features or WhatsApp Business API in general? Get in contact with us today and find out more.