In order to create campaigns that speak effectively to your individual customer personas, demographics and psychographic groups, without a tool, it would take a team of skilled marketers and data analysts quite a bit of time and effort.
Just ensuring your customer data is clean and properly segmented is a job function in itself. Then add on developing a campaign strategy, curating multiple campaign messages and building the proper workflows for your various personas.
Furthermore, you would need to consider the multitude of mobile messaging channels available. Decisions need to be made on which ones to focus on, how to keep your messaging consistent throughout, and then how to distribute your efforts to ensure your customers receive their personalized messages on their preferred channels.
If that all sounds easy to you, then you may not need us.
If, however, that sounds complicated and like several jobs in itself, then you may want to consider leveraging on a mobile marketing automation tool to simplify the process.
Let’s quickly list out some of the benefits of automating your mobile marketing:
- You can automate everything: messaging, customer segmentation, personalization and even analytics.
- Time-consuming routine processes like data filtering and customer segmentation can be fully automated - creating clean, complete data sets and segments in seconds.
- You can manage large quantities of customer data effectively. Using a Customer Data Platform (CDP), you can access all customer data at the press of a button and filter it quickly according to your needs.
- You can reduce time to market, allowing your marketing campaigns to be created quickly to capitalize on recent events, for example.
- You can push out your campaigns to multiple channels simultaneously with no extra effort, delivering your marketing message to users on the channels they prefer.
- You can A/B test more effectively and automate the results, meaning the best performing campaigns will automatically be shown and less performing creatives removed.
- You can personalize your campaigns to a far greater degree than using manual methods. Multiple combinations of text and multimedia can be created and rolled out to specific segments of your customer database.
- Most importantly, you can scale campaigns quickly and efficiently as your data sets and customer segments grow.
The ability to take customer or potential customer data and create specific, bespoke marketing campaigns that speak directly to consumers about the pain points they’re experiencing is invaluable.
Ultimately, automation removes a huge chunk of human effort in marketing activities, allowing you to run multi-layered marketing campaigns with minimal effort, to A/B test, and even remove the need to constantly monitor campaign performance.