Before CM.com, Skin Renewal relied on email, live chat and multiple branch-specific WhatsApp accounts as a quick and economical way to ensure after-hours availability to assist with patient queries and requests. However, with branches in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, and Durban, strategic management had limited visibility into key metrics such as average response time, nature, and volume of inquiries or patient satisfaction.
As Skin Renewal continues to grow, the need to implement new tools was identified. A platform that could communicate with patients in a meaningful manner and in real time was identified. Personalized service excellence is paramount and could not be compromised.
To address these challenges, Skin Renewal decided to use Mobile Service Cloud to provide national support over WhatsApp Business. Implementing Mobile Service Cloud allowed their team of employees to manage multiple conversations in one easy-to-use omnichannel inbox.
Wanting to introduce change that would be seamless and positively received by both their employees (WhatsApp users) and patients was one of the most important elements to improve communication.
Skin Renewal saw new patient engagement grow significantly with the implementation of the WhatsApp Business solution through the Mobile Service Cloud.
A few additional areas were addressed at the same time:
· Insights: The Mobile Service Cloud offered accessibility to insights and reporting and improved and consolidated tracking of contact with patients over WhatsApp (without losing conversation history or context).
· Reporting: Having the use of tags for reporting purposes allowed branch-specific inquiries to be pinpointed quickly and efficiently, and data to be interpreted and applied with a more effective and strategic view.
· Efficiency: Skin Renewal managers were equally satisfied with the Mobile Service Cloud as it gave them a personalized view of chat history – helping them avoid repetitive questions so they can resolve queries faster and ensure bookings were made that would resolve patients' concerns.
· Personalisation: With the options of message distribution in multiple languages as well as a personalized, bulk distribution offering, branches had the ability to expand their audience reach. Starting conversations and staying connected to patients in their language of preference, improved engagement, and conversions. Essentially it’s about communicating with prospective and existing patients in the way that they would like to be communicated with.
In view of the positive results in the implementation of WhatsApp through Mobile Service Cloud, Victor and Katharine shared their most noteworthy insights and suggestions on the ‘whats and whys’ of their successful transition:
· A phased approach: rolling out branch by branch allowed for practical and manageable learning, in stages and along the way. Managers were able to continue to put patients first and offer a better experience through knowledge-sharing, and ultimately drive branch consultations which positively impacts the bottom line.
· Customised templates created and implemented to respond to business needs: These elevated the level of personalization and professionalism of communication with patients and saw a marked increase in NPS.
· Put the data and reporting to work: WhatsApp hours were aligned to the online chat hours and not just the hours that branches operate. This far improved engagement and led to more revenue as informed, trained personnel were available to assist with any queries.
· Employ technology to respond to patient feedback: A consumer-driven tool for meeting the ways in which patients choose to contact and converse.
Skin Renewal believes in maintaining a strong personal element and what is evident now is how human contact is made more accessible and effective when combined with tech.
Their relationship with CM.com is continuous and more than a once-off transaction. They will continue to up skill in order to add value for their patients and ensure that patients benefit from the highest level of service and recognition.
Select a region to show relevant information. This may change the language.