20 years ago, CM was founded on Mobile Technology. Today, it still is – helping us grow stronger communications, worldwide.
How quickly the world changes. And how quickly technology changes with it. Today, people all over the world are connected. All-day, every day. We enable our customers to be part of people's lives.
Constantly searching for ways of connecting people with each other is what drives us. We don’t see high-quality mobile technology as a goal but as a means of achieving our common objective: enabling our customers to be part of people’s lives.
The story of CM.com started back in 1999, with this one message: “Will you join me at Highstreet?”. This was the SMS Gilbert Gooijers sent to Jeroen van Glabbeek. Starting out as Club Message, co-founders Jeroen and Gilbert introduced sending SMS messages to groups in 1999. This was used to inform visitors of discotheques in the Benelux on guest DJs, time-tables, contests, discounts and more weekend news; right on the exact moment it matters for the visitor.
• 2009: The SMS portfolio of technology company LogicaCMG is acquired.
Around the clock accessibility is required as CM grows internationally. The network operation center (NOC) is set up to monitor global messaging and payments.
• 2006: CMs SMS voting service is used in major radio and television shows, such as the Eurovision Song Contest.
CM premieres on Deloitte’s prestigious list of fast growing companies, Technology Fast 50.
• 2002: Mail SMS is introduced, a service exclusively developed and patented by CM.
• 2001: Major events and festivals in the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg start to use CMs SMS services.
• 2000: The core business to send SMS notifications to club and bar visitors is developed.
• 1999: What now is called CM Groep is founded under the name ClubMessage by Jeroen van Glabbeek and Gilbert Gooijers in Breda, the Netherlands.
• 2019: CM.com acquires ticketing company Global Ticket, and becomes one of the main sponsors "Official Event Supporter" of Formula 1 Heineken Dutch Grand Prix.
• 2017: CM.com acquires payments company, Docdata Payments BV
• 2016: CM.com embarks on the ticketing market by acquiring Dutch TicketFlow.
Offices open up in South Africa and Hong Kong.
• 2015: The company grows from 120 to 160 employees. Offices open up in the UK, France, and Germany.
CM Payments were founded.
German SMS company SMS Trade is acquired.
A lot of effort has been put in this period to improve our internal processes and quality of service. We decentralized our technical platform, to facilitate the other CM countries better.
• 2014: Callfactory joined the CM Group. With years of experience, being part of dutch operator KPN, Callfactory brought a broad group of high end customers. An office is opened in The Hague for its employees.
• 2013: CM takes over and becomes the single shareholder of Paratel, an SMS subsidiary of Belgian media company VMMa.
British app developer OneSixty Mobile and Dutch SMS company SMSHosting are acquired.
Paratel and MobileWeb merge with CM.
• 2012: Belgian SMS company MobileWeb is acquired, as well as the SMS portfolios from Silverstreet Europe and GIN (American Motricity).
• 2010: The SMS portfolio and administrative subjects of Dutch mobile company Mobillion are taken over from Dutch Telegraaf Media Groep TMG.
• 2020: CM.com is listed on Euronext Amsterdam, acquires Global Ticket, CX Company and RobinHQ and grows in offices, revenue and employees.
Launch of our cloud solutions: Mobile Marketing Cloud and Mobile Service Cloud. We were the first to launch RCS in Germany and the Netherlands and added WeChat Pay and Apple Pay to our platform.
CM.com becomes primary sponsor of CM.com Circuit Zandvoort.
Over the years, CM.com has changed as a business. We have evolved from an SMS services supplier to the full-service communication provider we are now. We strongly believe that technology exists to enhance people’s lives. Make them better, safer and easier.
Today, CM.com connects businesses to people, and people to businesses, around the world through cloud-based multi-channel communications, payment solutions, and mobile messaging technology.Learn About Our SolutionsAbout CM.com U.S. Launch
While technology opens up endless possibilities, we believe investing in the well-being of people behind it, is most important. We support change and interests of everyone at CM.com and believe it's what has enabled us to easily adapt, stay agile, overcome challenges, and quickly learn from mistakes.
When people do what they enjoy, they exceed at it. We encourage everyone has passion for what they do, which is a natural path to achieving astonishing results for CM.com.
Everyone has the opportunity to pursue the path they feel the most fulfilled. Because even though we’re all equal, we’re definitely not all the same.
Select a region to show relevant information. This may change the language.