Google's Business Messages is a free marketing tool that allows customers to communicate with your business, thereby improving customer service, SEO and more. There are currently two options to consider: the Google Business Profile app and Google’s Business Messages API facilitated by a third-party provider.
The app is free and better suited to smaller businesses with fewer messaging demands. When implementing Google’s Business Messages API, however, organizations can handle a much higher message volume. It provides your business with scalability, and can also be integrated into an existing customer communication platform and other applications.
Why Choose API Integration?
API (Application Programming Interface) integration is the connection between two or more applications to allow the systems to exchange data sources, keep data in sync and enhance productivity. APIs allow for the seamless operation of all applications and web systems, but this requires API integration. The benefits of such integration include:
- Automation: API integration means that data can be sent from one application to the next automatically, without the need for human interference.
- Error reduction: The transfer of large and complex data without human interaction relates to a reduction in errors.
- Scalability: With API integration, there’s no need to restart when creating connected systems, no matter how big the business gets.
- Visibility: API integration also allows for end-to-end visibility of all processes, streamlining your approach for better data management.
Is there an API for Google’s Business Messages?
Yes! Google is constantly developing new products and services to keep users engaged. Google’s Business Messages is the latest in a line of customer-driven solutions which help businesses connect directly with customers through a two-way communication channel. To make the best use of this system, connect through API which enables various messaging technologies to be implemented into your applications through a user-friendly interface.
Introduction to Google's Business Messages
Google’s Business Messages is essentially a mobile conversational channel, that combines Google Search, Google Maps and your website for a seamless messaging experience. For years, people have been searching Google for business information which is listed on the Google My Business profile. While the search has been simple enough, actually contacting the business directly has been less so. Google’s Business Messages opens up a new business contact platform so that potential customers can immediately engage with you in real time.
How Do I Integrate Google’s Business Messages?
You will need to connect with a reputable provider who can integrate your business with the Business Messaging API. This will allow you to connect with customers on their preferred platform, providing high-volume, two-way messaging and global reach capabilities.
What Are The Features of Google’s Business Message API?
There are many ways that Google’s Business Messages API will enable you to better serve new and potential customers, all of which can be achieved through various rich features. Here’s a look at some of them and the value-add they offer your business.
Discover Your Business
Once you turn on Google Business Messages, a button will appear on your business profile so that customers can simply click on it and connect with you at any time.
Suggested Actions and Replies
Google’s Business Messages will suggest contextually relevant actions and replies at the bottom of the conversation so that your agent knows exactly how to respond. These can come in the form of links to your business website, phone number or more.
The OAuth feature allows agents to verify user identities and provide personalized information in conversations. This feature also allows your agents to request user authentication with an authorization code provided during the session.
Marketing For Purchase
Rich card packages on Google‘s Business Message allow your business to display useful information, suggestions and media easily and effectively. You can also use rich card carousels for comparative marketing that is driven via mobile marketing campaigns.
The messaging API will provide your business with 24/7 support across various channels so that you have seamless communication with your customers.
User locale settings on Business Messages will allow your agents to respond to customer enquiries more comprehensively. Both automated and live agent interactions can be region-specific and according to local language preferences.
Notifications and Alerts
Businesses can send reminders about delivery and appointment times as well as send alerts related to account updates and in-stock reminders.
Using Google’s Business Messages, you can send surveys to customers in the dialogue as a way to rate their experience and provide you with insight into ways to improve your service.
Tips For Using Google's Business Messages
When integrating an API for Google's Business Messages, there are several ways you can better engage with customers. Here are some of the tips from industry leaders.
- Make conversations relevant: Respond to the customer’s enquiry rather than simply using the platform to up-sell or cross-sell.
- Be brief: This platform facilitates short and sharp communication so avoid responding in long and confusing jargon. Keep answers as simple as possible.
- Incorporate media: Business Messages welcomes a variety of media to enhance your communication with image sharing and better represent your products and services.
- Omnichannel engagement: With a Business Messaging API connecting to multiple channels, you can respond to customers on their preferred platform to keep the conversation going.
Your Communication Channels and Business Messaging API
CM.com provides you with the ultimate Business Messaging API that allows you to communicate with mobile customers around the world on the most popular channels, using one or thousands of messages at once. Some of the benefits of Business Messaging API are:
- No matter how many channels you’re using, you can manage them from a single API.
- You can add rich content to optimize customer service.
- Whatever your coding language - PHP, Java or C# - CM.com can assist!
- You can request additional channels at any time.
- Rely on the CM.com platform to send and receive messages globally, quickly and easily.
- You have access to real-time and historical analytics for better decision-making.
Activate all the communication channels you need, including Google's Business Messages, using one API on the CM.com platform, connect once, and communicate forever!