Although the e-signature market continues to grow, boasting a global Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 33.1%, unfounded concerns persist around the technology. In actual fact, it is extremely easy to adopt e-signature technology - letting you sign documents efficiently and securely across any device, at any time. Here’s how it works.
Electronic Signatures: The Basics
If you’re wondering how to create an electronic signature, the good news is it’s a straightforward process. This will vary slightly depending on what particular e-signature tool you are using and the type of document you want to sign but the basic premise should remain the same.
Today, there are a number of different e-signature tools on the market, but one of them stands head-and-shoulders above the rest: Sign. Sign is fast, secure, and most importantly, easy to use. It provides a seamless e-signature experience that will have you forgetting that there was ever another way of signing.
How to Use Sign In 5 Easy Steps
As an organisation sending a contract or other document to be signed, here’s a brief step-by-step guide to the Sign experience:
- Access the Sign environment either via the web-based platform or API and log-in;
- Upload your document either as a PDF or Word document (a Word file will automatically be converted to a PDF);
- Add the contact details of the signatory;
- Drag-and-drop the relevant fields into the right place in the document for your signee to fill in;
- Click send and your signee will receive the document.
If, on the other hand, you are signing a contract yourself, using Sign looks more like this:
- Open the email, SMS, or WhatsApp message from Sign
- Click to access the online environment where the document is located
- Enter details in the required fields
- Add your signature, either as a typed name, an image of your signature, or a handwritten version
- Check for confirmation that all fields are complete and agree with the terms and conditions - and that’s it!
The Benefits of Creating E-signatures with Sign
Adding an e-signature should not be a challenging process. One of the main benefits is convenience. Perhaps you’ve received a contract that you want to sign quickly but you are away from your desk and don’t have access to a printer and scanner - well, Sign lets you sign your document using nothing more than your smartphone.
Maybe you are about to print off a contract but have recently heard stories about physical documents being misplaced and falling into the wrong hands. Fortunately, electronic signatures are more secure - an audit trail lets you know when documents were sent, received, and signed.
And finally, electronic signatures are fast. You don’t have to wait for documents to be printed out, physically signed, scanned, or uploaded. Sign can handle that entire process and allow employees to avoid admin and get on with more important work.
Don’t continue to use wet signatures just because it’s the way things have always been done.