- The basics of sending SMS within Campaigns
- Difference between regular & triggered campaigns
- Navigate to and through the Campaigns app
- Character limits of an SMS & effects on pricing in Campaigns
- Different between regular & triggered campaigns
- URL whitelisting and the URL shortener in Campaigns
- What to see in the Campaign statistics & common issues
- Is it possible to use a custom Sender name (Sender ID) in Campaigns?
After reading this article you'll know the difference between a regular & triggered campaign and for what reason you can use it.
Who can it help?
Campaigns - Different between regular & triggered campaigns
Regular campaigns are campaigns that are sent straight away to a group of recipients. Triggered campaigns are a bit different, they are like long running campaigns and is only sent to a single recipient when a trigger (an event in the Customer Data Platform) happens. So triggered campaigns are always connected to a workflow in the Customer Data Platform. A regular campaign is connected to an adresslist from the addressbook. That addresslist can be created by a segment in the CDP or a manual upload in adressbook.
When to use REGULAR campaigns?
- If you want to send a campaign to a specific group of recipients all at once
- If you want to send a campaign to a specific group at a specific time (scheduled)
Note: If you use a segment of recipients synced from the Customer Data Platform, good to know the segment will always be real time counted. So if you have scheduled a campaign today that is going to be send tomorrow, the address book of the time of sending will be used (so that it is always up to date on the moment of sending).
When to use triggered campaigns?
- You should use a triggered campaign when you don't want to send to a group of recipients all at once, but only want to send it to specific recipients when a certain event trigger occurs. For example: you want to send a message as reminder for someones appointment at your company. Or another example, you only want to send it to this specific person when he/she requested a password reset.
Where to create a regular campaign and where to create a triggered campaign?
When opening the Campaigns app and clicking on the blue plus sign, you can choose between a "regular" and "triggered' campaign.
- In the section 'regular' you can create regular campaigns. You can directly send the campaign to a group of participants you've uploaded in address book or to a segment which you've synced from the Customer Data Platform.
- in the section 'triggered' you can create triggered campaigns. However, you need to create a workflow in the Customer Data Platform to connect the triggered campaign triggering on a specific event or segment.